26 September 2007

Cleaning house...

So, I already started cleaning my house--not just the normal, every day cleaning, the "I'm gutting out the cupboard under the kitchen sink" cleaning...and have a list of stuff I want to get rid of or replace, and then I see my horoscope for this week. (Free Will Astrology.):

CANCER (June 21-July 22): Move the furniture around. In
fact, why not move some of it right through the front door and out of your life? If we're lucky, this will get you in the mood to launch a purge of everything that no longer belongs under your roof. Maybe you could throw a Simplification Party, complete with an exorcism. Or corral your friends for a haul-it-all-away caravan to the garbage dump. I don't care how you do it, Cancerian. Just get rid of all knick-knacks, wall hangings, funny mirrors, broken dreams, balls and chains, and formerly cute mementoes that have lost their cuteness. It's time to liberate your home.

Replace:

  • Couch
  • Kitchen Chairs
  • Craftsmen shelf in living
    room??
  • Maddie's toddler bed??

Get rid of:

  • Toys toys and more old kids'
    toys
  • Half the junk in my storage--if I haven't
    looked at it in two years, I probably don't need it
  • Ditto for the boxes of ?? in my closet from
    when I moved....
  • Old kids' clothes
  • Baby stuff (Because Lord knows I'm not
    having any more kids!): Crib, car seat, jumpy seat, bouncy seat....who
    knows what else in my storage.
  • Clothes that don't fit me anymore.

Organize:

  • Clothes in my room--maybe if I clean my
    closet, I can actuallyhang them up!
  • Kitchen cupboards
  • Metro shelf in laundry room--if I don't use
    it, throw it away, organize what's left.
  • Kids' room...again...
  • My desk--I'm sure it's under all that other stuff...I think...
  • My room in general...
  • My car--I spend 20 hours a week in it, I may as well enjoy it more :-)

Blahh...now if only I can find some kid-free time when I'm not already at work to get this done :-)

No comments: